Just because you’re on a low-carb diet, doesn’t mean you have to say “no” to dessert. My Keto Caramel Pudding with Toasted Coconut is rich, creamy and indulgent . . . but with none the sugar.
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated low-carb sweetener like Stevia or Allulose
- 1 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (1 packet)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 ounce toasted coconut chips optional
- Melt butter over medium heat in medium sauce pot. Once melted, add sugar substitute and lower heat slightly. Let lightly simmer for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until turning golden amber. Watch carefully to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Whisk in one cup of heavy cream and continue to simmer on medium-low heat for 4 minutes. Next add one cup of milk, simmer for 6 more minutes. Turn off heat.
- Mix gelatin with water and let sit for 1 minute, then turn burner back on and whisk into pudding mixture. The gelled chunks should dissolve into pudding mixture.
- Let pudding mixture cool for 5 minutes and then pour evenly into six 6 to 8 ounce ramekins or small jars. Place in fridge to set up for 30 minutes.
- While puddings setting, pour 1/2 cup whipped cream into mixer (up to 10 drops of liquid stevia, more or less depending on preference for sweetness)/ Whip using whisk attachment for approximately 3 minutes or until stiff, but not over worked.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons on whipped cream to each pudding, top with a sprinkle of toasted coconut chips.
The post was originally published at thefitfork