Here’s an easy, delicious keto dinner that will keep you well-fed and feeling good. I think you and your whole family will love this keto stuffed pepper recipe. It has everything you want for dinner – meat, lots of veggies, and cheese – wrapped up in a neat little package.
- Ground Beef. I used 80% lean in this recipe. You could use whatever blend you like. I think it would also be delicious with a mixture of beef and Italian sausage — yum!
- Onion and garlic.
- Zucchini. Since we aren’t using rice in this recipe, I add grated zucchini for moisture, flavor, and fiber.
- Tomatoes. I used plain, crushed, San Marzano tomatoes. You can use your favorite tomato sauce instead — a lot of people recommend Rao’s brand — just make sure to check the carb count.
- Cheese. A mix of shredded cheddar and mozzarella worked really well in this recipe.
- To start, cut each of your bell peppers in half, and clean out the seeds and membranes. Season the inside of each pepper half with salt and pepper. Place the halved bell peppers in a greased baking dish in one layer. Set the dish aside while you make the filling.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook the ground beef until browned. Add the vegetables and seasonings and cook until they are soft and translucent.
- Stuff the peppers with the ground beef mixture. Do your best to evenly divide the mixture among the peppers. Carefully pour 1/2 cup of water between the peppers into the baking dish and cover with foil. The water and the foil will create steam in the oven, which will soften the bell peppers as they cook.
- Bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through — about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle the peppers with shredded cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted — about 5 more minutes. And you’re done!
The post was originally published at greenandketo