Love cookies and cream? Me too. This is my cheats keto-friendly version in a milkshake. It takes five minutes to make so perfect for if you’re a busy bee or struggle to eat breakfast.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut milk (180 ml/ 6 oz)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or any nut or seed milk (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
- 2 tbsp almond butter, preferably roasted or sunflower seed butter (32 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp powdered Erythritol, Swerve or few drops of stevia
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- 2 large squares of dark chocolate (at least 85%), grated (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- Optional: few ice cubes or frozen cubes of almond milk
- 2 tbsp whipped cream or coconut cream for topping
- Place all the ingredients for the smoothie (except for what you use for topping) together in a high speed blender and blitz until smooth. The longer you blitz the thicker it gets. Feel free to just blitz all in one go, or reserve some grated chocolate, walnuts and almond butter for topping.
- In another bowl, whip up the cream for the topping. Use at least half to 1 cup of cream for easy beating. Any remaining whipped cream can be kept in the fridge in a sealed jar for up to 3 days.
- Pour the shake into serving glasses and top each with a tablespoon of whipped cream. Sprinkle with the reserved grated chocolate, crumbled walnuts, and drizzle with the remaining almond butter. Tastes best when served fresh.
The post was originally published at ketodietapp