A simple, crustless meat and cheese dish that makes a wonderful main dish supper.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning (see above)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (well-packed) About 4 ounces.
- In a small bowl, stir together all of the ingredients (chili powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and cayenne.) Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch glass or ceramic deep dish pie pan.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink about 7 minutes, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon. Add the taco seasoning and stir until combined. Spread the beef mixture in the greased pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, and garlic. Pour slowly over the beef mixture in the pan.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until the center is set and the cheese is browned. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
The post was originally published at motherwouldknow.com