This Easy Keto Instant Pot Chile Verde is so simple to make with only a few ingredients and still has a wonderful slow-cooked flavor but in less than an hour in the Instant Pot. Low carb, keto, paleo and whole 30.
- 2 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 6 pieces (or can use the pre-cut pork stew meat)
- 1 ½ tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cup salsa verde, I used Herdez brand (or can also use my homemade salsa verde recipe)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Rub the pork pieces with salt and pepper. Select Saute and add the avocado oil to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Once the Instant Pot is hot, sear pork pieces on all sides until browned for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl combine salsa verde and chicken broth and stir. Pour the salsa with chicken broth over the pork in the Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid. Turn the pressure release handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) on High Pressure and set the timer for 40 minutes using the + or – buttons.
- The Instant pot will take a while to start, then it will beep, and a countdown will begin.
- Once cooking time is complete, let the pressure Naturally Release for 10 minutes (just let the pot sit for 10 minutes) and then Quick Release the remaining pressure (carefully use a wooden spoon to press the release handle to”Vent” while keeping your hands and face away from the steam).
- Once all pressure is released, remove the lid. Remove the pork from Instant Pot, place on a platter and shred the pork pieces with two forks (the meat should fall apart very easily).
- Add the shredded pork back to the sauce in the Instant Pot, stir to combine and serve.
The post was originally published at beautyandthefoodie