Tender chicken marinated in Italian herbs and savory garlic cauliflower rice are complimented by creamy balsamic aioli. Topped off with savory parmesan shavings and bright roasted red peppers for a satisfying meal.
Prep time: 4 hours, for marinating
Cook time: 20 minutes
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
2 garlic cloves, minced, divided
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
½ teaspoon black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cups cauliflower rice (or one head of cauliflower, processed into rice in a food processor)
¼ cup shaved Parmesan, for serving
½ cup roasted red peppers, for serving
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt, to taste
1. In a baking dish or large seal-able plastic bag, combine ¼ cup of olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, basil, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Add the chicken breasts, turn to coat fully, and let marinate for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in the skillet. Cook the chicken for 9 minutes undisturbed. Then add a second tablespoon of olive oil and flip the chicken breasts. Cook for 6 more minutes, or until a thermometer reads 155°F. Remove the chicken from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet. When the oil is hot, add the cauliflower rice and remaining minced garlic clove and cook, stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes.
4. To make the aioli, combine the mayonnaise, balsamic, garlic, lemon juice, and salt to taste in a small bowl. Mix until fully combined. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt, lemon, or balsamic.
5. To serve, slice the chicken into ½ inch slices. Serve on top of cauliflower rice topped with Parmesan shavings, roasted red peppers, and balsamic aioli on the side.