There’s almost no such thing as a bad Pizza, that’s why it’s one of most people’s favorite foods in the United States. When cutting down on the carbs and trying to make a version that is Keto-friendly you could always go for out Keto Pepperoni Pizza Recipe or make these Keto Mushroom Pizza Bites too. These make an excellent appetizer that even non-Keto friends and family will love too!
The idea to make these came to me around the holidays when a friend brought something similar to a party and everyone ate them up so fast. They are of course WAY better right out of the oven, but they reheat really well if you want to make them ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for a few days. Can someone say MEALPREP!
There are some carbs in this dish, but most of them come from vegetables, which is probably the best way to get your carbs as opposed to artificially sweetened foods.
KETO MUSHROOM PIZZA BITES RECIPE
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 16 White Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 Ounces Mezzettas Marinara Sauce or Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- 8 Slices Uncured Pepperoni
- 1 TBSP Fresh Basil
- 1/2 TBSP Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 TBSP Dried Oregano
- 1 TSP Onion Powder
- 1/4 TSP Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 TSP Black Pepper
- Pre-Heat the Oven to 400*F.
- Clean and de-stem the mushrooms and then set them aside.
- Grate the Mozzarella Cheese, and set that aside.
- Julienne cut the Fresh Basil, and optionally cut that in half if the strips are still too long. Set Aside.
- Slice the Pepperoni Slices into Quarters and set aside.
- In a Medium Mixing Bowl combine the Marinara Sauce (chilled), with the Granulated Garlic, Dried Oregano, Onion Powder, Pink Himalayan Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Place the Mushroom Caps in an Oven-Safe Baking Dish with the bottoms of the Mushrooms facing up to make a bowl shape.
- Using a piping bag (typically used for cake decorating), fill with the chilled Marinara Sauce mixture and squeeze equal amounts into the centers of each Mushroom Cap.
- Top the Mushrooms with the Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, as well as two small chopped pieces of the pepperoni per mushroom.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 Minutes at 400, until the cheese is golden brown and slightly bubbly.
- Sprinkle the Basil on top after removing from the oven.
- Serve right away, or refrigerate any leftovers and reheat in the microwave before serving leftover.