Chateaubriand is a uniformly tender cut of beef that’s perfect for roasting! This recipe’s bold, smoky coffee rub pairs perfectly with the creamy horseradish sauce for a highly satisfying keto-friendly dinner.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 35 min
Total time: 50 min
Yield: 2-4 servings
1.5 tablespoons Kona espresso, finely ground
1 tablespoon of sea salt
2 teaspoons cracked pepper
1 ea. chateaubriand or beef tenderloin roast (about 12 oz.)
8 oz. asparagus
1 yellow onion, cut crosswise into thick slices
Creamy horseradish sauce (optional, see sub-recipe)
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine espresso, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Dry roast, then rub espresso mixture on all sides, pressing to adhere.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat with about a tablespoon of oil. Sear on all sides, including the ends, until deep golden brown.
- Transfer roast to a prepared baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, until it reaches 130 degrees for medium-rare. While the beef is in the oven, grill asparagus and onion until charred and tender.
- Rest roast for 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve with grilled vegetables and creamy horseradish sauce.
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Juice of ½ lemon
salt and pepper to taste Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve sauce on the side.