The coulette is a lean and tender cut coming from the top sirloin. Served with grilled veggies and roasted shallots, this recipe is satisfying comfort food at it’s finest. If you like spice, don’t skip on the optional peppercorn sauce for an extra burst of flavor!
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 45 min
Yield: 1 portion, 8 oz.
- Preheat oven to 400. Prep steak: rub spice blend over all surfaces of steak and let rest on a plate for 30 minutes.
- Roast shallot: place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast until soft and caramelized, turning every 20 minutes for even cooking.
- While steak is resting, preheat grill and cut vegetables.
- Grill steak about 4-5 minutes on each side, until 130 degrees for medium-rare. Grill vegetables until charred and tender.
- Serve steak with grilled vegetables, roasted shallot, and peppercorn sauce on the side.
1 tablespoon green peppercorns
2 tablespoons sherry
1/3 cup red wine
1 cup veal demi-glace
A dash of heavy cream
In a small saucepan, lightly toast peppercorns. Add sherry and red wine, and reduce by half. Add demi-glace and finish with a splash of heavy cream.
This Lean Peppercorn Steakhouse Coulotte Recipe will be sure to ensure a great keto meal!